Data loss is a nightmare for Samsung users. Commonly, data lose by accident due to human error. Since you cannot foresee when the unexpected thing will happen to you, you had better back up your Samsung phone at daily time frequently. This article will introduce three Samsung backup apps for you.
Download the Android Toolkit for Windows or Mac and try to backup your Galaxy Note 10. Simple Steps to Backup Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+ to Computer and Restore. Launch Android Toolkit on PC or Mac Launch the Android Toolkit on your Mac or PC and go to the “Backup & Restore” section. Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 10 to Computer. Download Drive for desktop. For Individuals. Backup and Sync. Back up all of your content to the cloud – easily access your files in Google Drive and your photos in Google Photos.
These apps can back up Samsung to cloud and external disks, and the software mentioned in Part 2 can back up Samsung to computer. No matter you like to back up Samsung to cloud, external memory or computer, you can choose one as you need.
Part 1. Three Top Samsung Backup Apps
In this part, we recommend three mainstream Samsung backup apps - Samsung Cloud, Smart Switch and Google Drive. Actually, these backup apps can also serve as data transfer tools. If you want to know other Android backup apps or Android transfer apps, you can click the links.
1.1 Samsung Cloud
Samsung Cloud is an in-built Samsung backup app which is located on Settings menu. It offers 15 GB free cloud storage for users to back up and restore their Samsung devices quickly. You can move files to another device that is sharing the same Samsung account. If you turn on auto backup feature, it will auto back up your Samsung to cloud once every 24 hours.
Contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, music, calendar, gallery, APK files, app data, app settings and so on. Samsung Cloud supports many kinds of files, but you are not allowed to upload over 1GB files at a time.
Back up your Samsung phone by steps:
Please go to Settings > Cloud and accounts > Samsung Cloud > Back up my data > tick the items you want to back up > BACK UP NOW. The data will be backed up to Samsung cloud.
Note: Access to Samsung Cloud and the availability of features may vary depending on device, OS, and country.
1.2 Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch is a Samsung backup app for users to transfer files easily. Especially when switching to a new Samsung Galaxy, Smart Switch is a useful assistant to help move files from old phone to a new one. But when the receiving device is not Samsung, this app may not work perfectly.
The program supports contacts, schedules, memos, messages, call logs, photos, videos, alarms, bookmarks and more. With Smart Switch, you can back up these Samsung files to PC using its PC version. And the mobile app allows you to to back up Samsung data to Micro SD card/ USB memory.
Backing up files to SD card and USB disk is not as safe as uploading data to cloud. Because your Samsung phone (with SD card) and the USB disk may get lost. However, it is a way to copy vital files and release some internal storage space of your phone. You can have a try if needed.
Please go to Settings > Cloud and accounts > Smart Switch > More (the three dots button) > External storage transfer > BACK UP > select the content > tap on BACK UP again.
1.3 Google Drive
Google Drive is a very famous app with 15 GB free storage for Android users to keep the uploaded files safely. This Samsung backup app supports multiple platforms such as Google Photos, Gmail and other applications that associated with Google account. Like Samsung Cloud, you can back up your Samsung phone to Google cloud.
Please go to Settings > Accounts > Google > tap on your Email address, then you can see a list of file types that you can back up to Google account. Please tick the boxes next to the files, then click the three dots button and tap on Sync now.
Samsung Pc Auto Backup Download Mac Free
Part 2. The Best Alternative Software to Samsung Backup App
This part will introduce 2 kinds of best alternative software about Samsung backup app. The first one is Samsung Backup and Restore, and the second one is Samsung Messages Backup. They are all the excellent Samsung backup apps, and have their own special. Let's check them out.
2.1 Samsung Backup and Restore
Samsung Backup and Restore is one of the most professional backup and restore program for Samsung and other Android phones and tablets. You can back up multiple data types from Samsung to PC, and restore them from PC to Samsung in 1 click. In short, it is an efficient backup and restore manager for Samsung.
Hallmarks of Samsung Backup and Restore:
1. Back up Samsung phone to the computer in 1 click.
2. Restore the backup data from the Windows or Mac computer to Samsung in 1 click.
3. Work with photos, music, videos, contacts, call history, messages, apps, and documents.
4. Allow you to use USB and Wi-Fi connection to connect Samsung phone and the PC.
5. Freely select the Samsung data types on the interface before backing up and restoring.
6. Not only support Samsung phones, but also Samsung tablets and other Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy Tab S/Galaxy Tab 4/Galaxy Tab S5e/Galaxy Tab S6/Galaxy Tab A, Sony Xperia 10/Xperia 5/Xperia 1/Xperia L4, HTC Wildfire R70/Wildfire X/Desire 19s, Google, ZTE, and more.
Now, you can follow the steps to operate this Samsung backup app.
After downloading and installing the software on the computer, you need to connect the Samsung device to the computer with a USB cable and enable USB debugging on the phone. The program will recognize your phone in no time.
If you want to quickly back up Samsung device to the PC:
Please tap on the 'Backup' icon after connected, and then you can select the data types on the panel. Once done, to start the Samsung backup process, hit on the 'Back Up' button.
A few moments later, you will finish the backup of Samsung device.
Tips: If you want to know more about how to back up and restore Android device, this post will tell you.
2.2 Samsung Messages Backup
Samsung Messages Backup is an easy & professional Samsung backup software to back up Android files to PC. You can use it to back up your whole Samsung phone to computer with one click. It works really effectively for those who want to transfer hundreds of files to computer at a time. You can transfer files selectively or completely as you like.
Key features of Samsung Messages Backup:
1. Support contacts, text messages, call logs, apps, photos, videos, music and so on.
2. Edit and send text messages on computer, delete/ export messages in batches.
3. Delete/ import contacts in batches and edit contacts on computer.
4. Delete/ import music, videos and pictures in batches on computer.
5. Backup/ restore your whole Android phone with simply click once.
6. Support thousands of devices: Samsung Galaxy S20/ S10+/ S10/ S9+/ S9/ Galaxy Note9/ Note8/ Galaxy A9/ A8/ A7/ A6 and more.
Have a quick look about how to use it, if you like to search detailed info, you can click the links to learn more. Let us go on.
You need to download and run the software on computer at first. Then, connect Samsung Galaxy to PC via USB cable and enable USB debugging if prompted.
If you like to back up whole Samsung device with one click:
Please go to Super Toolkit > Backup > select local folder to save the data > tap on Back Up.
If you want to back up your Samsung Galaxy selectively:
Please go to the folder (on the left panel) that contains the files you like to back up > select files that you want to back up to computer > click Export > choose local folder to save the data.
Part 3. Quick Comparison: Which Is The Best One for Samsung Backup
1. Be in-built on Samsung phones.
2. With 15 GB free storage.
3. Auto backup once every 24 hours.
4. Data will keep on cloud safely.
1. Limit upload file size (less than 1 GB).
2. Must keep connected to stable network till data transferring process is completed.
3. The upload speed depends on the network.
4. Samsung account is not widely used as Google account.
1. Back up files to PC, Micro SD card or USB disks.
2. Be in-built on some Samsung devices.
3. The mobile app is free on Google Play.
4. Work smoothly on Samsung devices.
1. May not work perfectly on other Android phones.
2. Cannot access backups anywhere.
1. Support multiple platforms that associated with Google account.
2. 15 GB free storage.
3. Support auto backup.
4. Data will not be leaked out or lost easily in cloud.
5. Widely used on Android devices.
1. The upload speed depends on the network.
2. Need to pay for extra storage.
3. Cannot work without networks.
1. Free back up different types of data in 1 click.
2. Restore the previous backup data to any Samsung devices.
3. USB and Wi-Fi connections are available.
4. Transfer files with the high quality.
5. The brief interface is easy to control.
1. Cannot restore backup files for free.
Samsung Messages Backup
1. Back up almost all kinds of files to PC.
2. Be friendly to wide range of Android brands.
3. Stable data transferring via USB cable.
4. 100% safe & clean.
5. Do not depend on networks.
6. No limit on file size.
1. Cannot access backups anywhere.
2. The full version is not free.
To keep the backed up data safely, we always select cloud, external memory and computer as the target storage. The Samsung backup apps mentioned above use cloud, Micro SD card and USB memory to save Samsung backups. And we recommend Samsung Backup and Restore to back up Samsung to computer.
You can select one as you need to back up your Samsung phone. But Samsung Backup and Restore is designed not only for Android backup, but also as a restore Android data manager, which is worth to try.
By Adela D. Louie, Last updated: November 13, 2020
'Do you know some Samsung backup software in 2020. Can you suggest a good software to use?” - By A Samsung Galaxy User
Yes! In this article, you will learn about the top 5 Samsung software for PC in 2020 with free download. Let's start.
Part 1. The Best Samsung Backup Software for You in 2020
Data loss can happen at any time due to a variety of reasons. Both a simple accidental deletion and irreparable physical damage can wipe out your files. That’s why need Samsung backup to pc software. Choosing an effective Samsung back up software must be your top priority.
In this post, we have rounded up excellent backup software that works with different Samsung devices. These include smartphones, tablets, smart camera, and external hard drives.
We have hand-picked these tools based on their effectiveness, compatibility, and user-friendliness. We have also provided a summary of the pros and cons of each program. Rest assured that this guide will help you decide which will work best with your Samsung device.
Top 5 Samsung Backup Software - Recommendations
- FoneDog Android Data Backup & Restore
- Samsung Kies & Samsung Smart Switch
- PC Auto Backup
- Samsung Auto Backup
Part 2. Top Samsung Backup Software for PC
FoneDog Android Backup Software which is Samsung backup software for PC and an all-in-one software that performs the backup in one click. Data are uploaded to the computer in lossless quality. Once a backup is made, the software can also restore files directly back to your phone.
You can even use the program to transfer them to your another phone. For your convenience, the software allows you to selectively restore files. With over 8,000 supported devices, FoneDog has your Samsung Galaxy gadget covered.
Files that can be backed up include:
- Call Logs
- Aside from performing backups, FoneDog Android Toolkit can also recover lost files from broken Android devices, root your phone, and permanently erase data.
- You can encrypt your backups and keep your backups protected from third-party access by setting a password
- Rooting your device is not required.
- There are versions for both Windows and Mac.
- It does not back up apps.
To start using the software to back up your device, refer to our tutorial below.
Step 1. Download and Launch FoneDog Android Toolkit.
Download and install the software on your computer. Run the program and select Android Data Backup and Restore from the choices.
Step 2. Connect Samsung Device to the Computer.
Plug in your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet to your PC with a USB cable. If a prompt “Allow USB debugging” appears on your device, tap OK.
In case there isn’t one, you must manually activate USB debugging. This will allow the software to access your device’s memory and data.
On your device, head to Settings and follow the steps below.
Android 4.2 or Higher
Tap About Phone > Click Build Number for seven times > Choose USB debugging
Android 3.0 to 4.1
Tap Developer options > Select USB debugging
Android 2.3 or Lower
Tap Applications > Select Development > Choose USB debugging
Step 3. Select Backup Option.
You will be asked to choose from 2 options. Click Device Data Backup. Afterward, the software will show you file types that can be backed up.
Mark those that you want to include in your backup. If you want to encrypt the backup, don’t forget to tick the box for Encrypted Backup. Hit Startto proceed.
Step 4. Wait for Backup to Complete.
While the backup is ongoing, you cannot disconnect your device. The software will notify you once the backup has been created. You will see the details of the total file size and number of files in the backup.
People Also ReadWhat Does Android Backup Do?Top 5 Backup Software in 2020
Should you want to restore your backup, proceed to Step 5.
Step 5. Select Backup File for Restoration.
Do Steps 1 to 2 and choose Device Data Restore from the available tools. The software will present the available backup files.
Details such as the file name, size and latest backup date will be provided. Select one and click the Start button at the bottom of the window.
Step 6. Select Files to Retrieve.
FoneDog Android Toolkit will display the files in your backup. Mark the items that you wish to restore. Once done, click Recoverand then OK to confirm. Again, do not disconnect your phone during the process.
Part 3. Other Top Samsung Backup Software for Computers
In no particular order, here is the other top Samsung phone backup software that can also create Samsung backup software for pc.
Tips: If you want to recover data from a Samsung device with death screen, please read the guide here.
Samsung Kies & Smart Switch
Samsung has two software dedicated to synchronizing data between a Samsung Galaxy device and a computer. The first is Samsung Kies, which supports Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets before Galaxy Note 3.
The second is Samsung Smart Switch. The Smart Switch is compatible with Galaxy Note 3 and devices released after that. While they support different sets of devices, both programs come with a backup and restore feature.
If you’re looking for a software that can create a complete backup of your device, this is it. It backs up files, apps, and settings.
- Download and use of the software are available for free.
- You are not required to root your Samsung device to back up using the programs.
- The backup feature covers all data on Samsung devices including apps and settings.
Samsung Backup Software Windows
- It only works on Samsung devices.
This is a one-stop shop for users’ data management needs. By connecting your device via a USB cable or Wi-Fi, you can control your device from your PC. It does more than just back up data.
You can also use it to install apps, transfer files, and clean up memory space. It is a handy program to use for a seamless transition to a new phone. You can even download wallpapers and ringtones directly from the program!
- It has additional data management features aside from the basic backup capability.
- Moborobo supports Android and iOS devices.
- It backs up your messages, contacts, call logs, videos, music, photos, and apps.
Samsung Pc Auto Backup Download Mac Free
- It works only on Windows computers.
- Initial setup requires you to install drivers on your device.
PC Auto Backup
In case you have a Samsung Smart Camera, you can rely on PC Auto Backup for your backup needs. Photos and videos are saved to your computer via USB or Wi-Fi connection.
All you need to do is to set up Intelli-Studio and PC Auto Backup on your PC. You will be prompted to do so for the first time you plug in your camera to the computer.
- Versions are available for both Windows and Mac computers.
- Since Samsung Smart Camera has a built-in Wi-Fi, you can back up photos and videos through a Wi-Fi connection. You don’t need to connect the camera to your computer.
- Regular backups are performed when Wi-Fi is enabled.
- You may encounter difficulties in performing backups over Wi-Fi. Make sure to connect your camera and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
Samsung Auto Backup
This software is developed by Samsung for its line of external hard drives. It features two modes: real-time mode and scheduled mode.
The latter creates backups based on a schedule the user has set. Backups will start automatically, so you can have peace of mind. The software also allows encryption of the backup file with SafetyKey.
The said features protect your data with a password. While the look of the interface seems a bit outdated, it does the job efficiently.
- The software provides easy transfer of files from hard drives to your computer.
- Scheduled backups are available.
- Data security is possible with encryption.
- It cannot be installed on Mac computers.
Video Guide: How to Use Best Samsung Backup Software
Samsung Backup Windows 10
Part 4. Conclusions
That ends our review for the top 5 Samsung backup software for PC. Make sure that you install a reliable anti-virus software on your computer. That way, your backups stay protected. Don’t forget to regularly perform backups too.
Samsung Auto Backup Camera
If you found this article helpful, why not share this post with your friends?