Inner ear cup diameter: 54 mm x 65 mm. Connection type: Analog 3.5 mm. Cable length: 1.3 m / 4.27 ft. Weight: 322 g / 0.71 lbs. Oval ear cushions: Designed for full-ear coverage with cooling gel, perfect for long-wearing comfort. Microphone: Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz. Signal-to-noise ratio: 60 dB. The purchase of your Razer headset comes with 7.1 surround sound software. for superior positional audio and a lifelike gaming experience. Download the application below and register with your activation code to gain a competitive gaming advantage. The Kraken V3 X is an essential ultra-light headset that packs heavy-duty performance. It comes equipped with Razer™ TriForce 40 mm Drivers to deliver high-end sound, a bendable Razer™ HyperClear Cardioid Mic for crystal-clear voice capture and 7.1 Surround Sound for accurate positional audio. THX Spatial Audio - Surround Sound Application unavailable. Razer Cortex Download. Razer Synapse Download for PC Download for Mac. Why buy at razerstore. Most Up-to-Date & Largest Array of Products; Access to More Detailed Product Information; Safe. Here is my 3D project. It was a pleasure for me to do this work for Razer fans.Software used: Cinema 4D, Redshift Render, Adobe CC.Music: Blackrys.
Razer Kraken headsets are extremely popular among users, especially gamers. But recently, it is frequently reported that Razer Kraken mic not working in Steam Windows 10, 8, 7. You cannot hear others from the Razer Kraken headsets in games. How annoying it is! In some situations, Razer Kraken headset works well but the mic on the headset keeps not working. It is no use plugging out and then plugging in the headset again and again.
But Kraken down is nothing strange for most of you, so you would better try fixing Razer Kraken USB, Pro 2, 7.1 V2 not recognized on Windows, Xbox One, or PS4 as soon as possible.
How to Fix Razer Kraken Microphone Not Working on Windows 10, 8, 7?
Why is the Razer Kraken so quiet? Why is there no audio output from the microphone on razer Kraken headsets? The culprits vary from one computer to another. But the most potential ones to blame are problematic headset settings, outdated or corruptedRazer Kraken Pro V2 drivers, and also the headphone hardware.
It is wise to take measures targeting the Razer Kraken headsets not detected on Windows 10.
Solution 1: Check Razer Headset Hardware
First off, if the Razer device is physically broken, it is no doubt that Razer Kraken built-in mic stops working on your computer. On that condition, you need to examine the hardware of the Kraken microphone.
1. Check if the headphone cable is snapped.
2. Plug the Razer Kraken headset into other USB ports on your devices in case it is the corrupted USB port that leads to Kraken Pro V2 mic not detected.
3. Plug the headset into the USB port on another PC to see if it can enable you to hear others on Steam.
4. If you can make sure Razer microphone is broken, try to replace a new one. But provided that you noticed that the headset is working on another device, it is high time that you went on for more ways.
Solution 2: Configure Razer Kraken Microphone Settings
It is likely that you have misconfigured razer Kraken headphone, causing it not to be recognized by the system. Now manage to enable this device on Windows 10 and then make it the default device, which proved to be helpful for some of you.
1. Right click the Sound icon in the right corner of the Desktop and then choose Sounds from the list.
2. Under Recording, right click the Microphone to Enable it.
3. Choose Razer Kraken Mic and then Set Default.
Apart from setting razer headset as the default device, for users who meet with Razer Kraken volume so low, you may as well change the volume level as well.
4. Right click Headphone to open its Properties.
5. Under the Levels, move the slider of Microphone sound volume to a point where the Razer Kraken microphone is no so quiet.
6. Hit Apply and OK to save changes.
You can check whether Razer Kraken Pro 2 or 7.1 V2 mic is working now. Start your game and chat with your friends with the Razer microphone.
Solution 3: Update Razer Kraken Drivers
Sometimes, the audio driver for your razer Kraken pro will also lead to Kraken headset not detected on Windows 10. Here if you have no time or computer skills, there is much need to resort to Driver Booster to Razer Kraken drivers for Windows 10.
With much of your work, Driver Booster will install the updated Razer driver automatically. In this sense, perhaps Razer Kraken headset can be recognized and start working in Steam games.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster.
2. Click Scan. That will enable Driver Booster to search for the latest drivers automatically.
3. In the search result, locate Sound, video and game controllers and then Update the audio driver.
Driver Booster is able to find and install the update Razer Kraken driver soon. After that, plug the Kraken Pro and you can notice that the audio device is detected.
Solution 4: Roll back the Microphone Driver
From user reports, sometimes, you are supposed to roll back the Razer driver until Windows 10 detects the compatible device driver. You can achieve this goal in the device manager.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers and then right click the audio driver to go to its Properties.
3. Under Driver, hit Roll Back Driver.
But in some cases, you will observe that Device Manager rolling back driver is unavailable, therefore, it is also feasible to turn to Driver Booster to roll back to the previous Kraken mic driver.
In Driver Booster, on the left pane, choose Tools and then Rescue Center > Driver Restore on the right side.
With the previous Razer headset driver, check again if you can hear from the microphone.
Solution 5: Uninstall Razer Software
It is confirmed that the Razer programs will interfere with the Razer Kraken Pro or 7.1 V2. To get your microphone detected via Windows 10, it is worth a shot to remove the disturbing Razer headphone software.
1. Navigate to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program. Here try to View by Category.
2. In Programs and Features, locate and right click Razer software to Uninstall it.
3. Reboot Windows system to take effect.
Solution 6: Check for Windows Updates
Maybe Microsoft has released updates with new features that will enhance the performance of the audio device. So do not hesitate to install the updates in order to solve Razer Kraken mic not working.
1. Head to Start > Settings > Update & Security.
2. Under Windows Update, choose to check for Updates.
Upon Windows update is installed on your PC, try to connect to the Kraken headset and examine it with a song or in a Steam game.
In a word, the above methods are offered to fix Razer Kraken microphone not detected or not working on Windows, Xbox One, and PS 4. Wish one of them can be of help for your audio problem.
The Kraken headset is one of the flagship headsets produced by the gaming industry giant Razer. It is huge, and we mean approximately 27 centimeters when we refer to big. It also features superior sound quality and a virtual surround system. This headset is one of the most sought-after on the market.
Read More: how to fix razer kraken pro mic
Despite being so popular and top-notch, Kraken is now facing a mic problem for quite a while now. Many users have reported that they cannot speak in-game or in other applications like Skype. Steam is one of the most popular gaming platforms where this problem is being reported. There are a number of different reasons why this behavior might come into play; incorrect drivers might be installed or you might not have selected Kraken as your default audio device. Unity has acknowledged the problem and is currently working to fix it. You can still try our solutions until then.
Solution 1: Rolling back Realtek High Definition Audio
Realtek is known to provide audio solutions to major computer manufacturers and is renowned for providing great audio devices. However, there are many cases reported where the latest drivers of the audio device rendered Kraken mic unusable. We can roll back the driver to see if that helps.
- Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the device manager, expand “Audio inputs and outputs” category and click on Realtek Digitial Output and select“Properties”.
- Once the properties are opened, click on the “Driver” tab and select Roll Back Driver if it is visible. If it is, it means that the driver was updated and it may be because of this the mic is not working. If it isn’t greyed out, you can download another version from the internet and click on Update driver and attempt to update manually.
See also: Remedies for Hair Damaged by Perm
- Restart your computer after updating the driver. If the problem persists, you can try again.
- If this method doesn’t work, you can navigate to the same category in device manager, right-click on your Kraken headset and select “Uninstall”. This will completely uninstall the headphones from your computer. Disconnect the headphones, plug them in again, and then reinstall the drivers.
Solution 2: Uninstall all Razer related Software
There are numerous cases where software released by the manufacturer itself conflicts with the product. This happens most often after a Windows update is installed. We can try to uninstall the software and check if that works.
- Press Windows + R, type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and press Enter. All the installed applications on your computer will now be listed. Right-click on all Razer software and uninstall them one by one.
Once you have uninstalled all software, restart your computer to verify that the problem is solved. One particular software that was known to cause problems is called “Razer Synapse”.
Solution 3: Checking if correct Mic is active
If both the above methods don’t work, it probably means the correct mic is not selected as the current mic device on your computer. The operating system may choose another mic to be the default if there are multiple microphones. Check the properties of your headset to make sure they are correctly set.
- Right-click on the “sound” icon present at your taskbar and select “Properties”.
- Now select the “recording” tab. This will display all of your recording devices. Select Razer Kraken from the list of options, right-click it and set it as the default device. Now disable all the other microphones from your computer.
- Save changes by pressing Apply Now right-click on the microphone and select “Properties”.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and select the lowest default format available. It will probably be “2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)”.
- Restart your computer after making the necessary changes. Connect the headsets to verify that the problem has been solved.
Razer Kraken Usb Software
Solution 4: Running the application in an elevated mode
Top Useful: How To Remove Scratches From A Gold Watch
It is not new to know that Window’s user access control has its share of bugs and glitches. You should try to run the application as administrator before diagnosing any hardware issues. This will give the application access to all connected hardware.
- Navigate to directory for the application. For steam, the directory may look something like this. “C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonComedy Night”
- Now click on the Compatibility tab and check the line Run this program as an administrator.
- Press Apply to save changes and exit. Reboot your computer and plug in your headphones to check if the microphone is working.
Solution 5: Checking Ports and Hardware
Now if all the above solutions failed, it probably means that there is a hardware fault, A hardware fault not only covers your ports but also includes your Mic’s jacks. Try connecting the jack to another audio port. Make sure the jack is working.
You can also remove and replace the USB component with an audio jacks cord. This will ensure all hardware works properly and no problems occur.
Solution 6: Selecting Appropriate Microphone in Realtek Audio Manager
In some cases, the Microphone might not be properly selected in the Realtek Audio Manager. In this step, you will select it as the microphone. For that:
Razer Kraken Software Update
- Open up the Realtek Audio Manager and click on the “Microphone” tab.
- Click here to open the dropdown menu and choose your Microphone from it.
- Save your changes, and then check to confirm that it is working.
Razer Kraken Software Download
You should also open the application’s settings and see if the correct mic is selected there. To verify if the problem is resolved, you may also try connecting the headphones without a splitter.
Razer Kraken Software
See also: Carbon Costume