- Ltd Guitar Serial Number Search
- Esp Serial Number Identification
- Esp Serial Number Lookup
- Ltd Guitar Serial Number Check
- Guitar Serial Number, Dater, Database, Decoder, Lookup, Search, Manufacture Date Tool History GuitarDater.net was created to give guitarists tools to enjoy the craft of playing, researching and learning more about their guitars.
- The 1st digit indicates the year of manufacture for the 4 & 5 digit serial numbers, these were used from 1989-1999. The 1st and 2nd indicate the year of manufacture for the 6 digit serial numbers which we've been using since 2000. 9 xxx = 1989 (4 digit number beginning with '9' used only in 1989) 0 xxxx = 1990.
The remaining four digits denote the instrument’s sequential number of manufacture among all the instruments made during the month indicated. For example, serial number 07100091 indicates a guitar built in 2007 (07), in October of that year (10), and that it was the 91st guitar made that month (0091). 1998 - serial 44XXX - 45XXX (MSRP in 1998: $719) Made in South Corea, 'LTD' engraved at the 12th fret, 5 Digit serial number punched on the last fret of the fretboard (no serial in the back of the headstock). Exactly like the ESP EXP but with different circuit hole in the back and more light weight (alder instead of mahogany).
NOTES ON SERIAL NUMBERS:
MM= month (01 to 12)
Y= last digit of the year (ex: 1992 = 2)
NNN = production number 000 to 999 resetted every year
- year '7' can be 1987 or 1997, '8' can be 1988 or 1998, '9' can be 1989 or 1999! You have to look at the models in production that year.
- lot of old esp's does not have any serial on the back of the headstock. If you are lucky you can find a serial written on pencil where the body is bolted to the neck (or in the neck also) or in one of the pickup cavities.
SERIAL UNDER PICKUPS:
For example my MX-220 have serial '#80129' that means was made the 08-1991 number 29)
NOTE:Follow this reference may not be accurate because probably they printed a certain number of plates and then put on guitars in a random manner, without noticing consecutive numeration. This is the reason why we can easilu find guitars with the bolt plate referring to a year or two before or after respect the serial printed on the back of the headstock. To have an exact dating of this guitars you have to unscrew the neck and look at the date could be written below.
Ltd Guitar Serial Number Search
1989 - 592XX
1992 - 601XX --> 618XX
1993 - 619XX --> 912XX
1994 - 166XX --> 183XX
1995 - 191XX --> 244XX
1996 - 257XX --> 261XX
1997 - 273XX --> 294XX
1998 - 301XX --> 357XX
1999 - 339XX --> 369XX
2000 - 379XX --> 387XX
2001 - 388XX --> 416XX
2002 - 402XX
2003 - 4170X
Esp Serial Number Identification= place of manufacture:
K = ESP Kiso Factory (Japan) / set-neck and neck-thru only;
S = ESP Sado Factory (Japan) / bolt-on only;
T = ESP Takada Factory (Japan) / ESP Custom Shop
SS = ESP Standard Factory / Signature Series or Standard Series
CH = Craft House
CS = Craft House (used rarely)
TH = Technical House
N = Nagano Factory
YY = last two digits of the year
WW = week of the year (max.52)
D = day of that week: 1 = monday, 2 = tuesday,... (max.7)
NN = number off the line that day (max.99)
- K0604202 means the manufacturing date is 24.01.2006 and it was the 2nd guitar built that day in Kiso Factory.
- K1507501 means the manufacturing date is 13.02.2015 and it was the 1st guitar built that day in Kiso Factory.