All Digidesign Bomb Factory version 4.0 through version 4.1.1 plug-ins will work on systems with Pro Tools TDM and LE 6.0 and higher installed on Mac OS X and Windows XP Pro Tools TDM 6.x with Pro Tools HD and Pro Tools HD Accel systems — up to 192k sample rates.
Get an ultimate backup app
- Note: This guide is relevant to Mac Pro, iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air. The ultimate checklist to factory reset MacBook Pro Step 1. Back up your data. When you factory reset MacBook Pro, all the information you have on your hard drive is wiped off. That’s why you need to create a backup to save your important files and data.
- This ensures the tools are saved to the right place with the rest of your Android SDK tools and easily updated. But if you want just these command-line tools, use the following links: Download SDK Platform-Tools for Windows; Download SDK Platform-Tools for Mac; Download SDK Platform-Tools for Linux.
- Oct 10, 2017 Note: This guide is relevant to Mac Pro, iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air. The ultimate checklist to factory reset MacBook Pro Step 1. Back up your data. When you factory reset MacBook Pro, all the information you have on your hard drive is wiped off. That’s why you need to create a backup to save your important files and data.
- They are most dependable tools for structural engineers and designers to create layout plans swiftly. To know more about them one can search Google using factory layout software or plant layout PPT. 23+ Best Omnichannel Commerce Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021.
Find yourself searching how to wipe a Mac clean and restore it to factory settings? You may be interested in selling your computer and needing to delete all the contents of the hard drive. Without erasing the contents of your computer, you could potentially open yourself up to identity theft. Another reason to reset your Mac to factory settings is it may just be getting too slow because of many years of use. You may find that you’ve run out of disk space if your computer speed is lagging.
Best Mac Tools
This guide will help you restore Mac to factory settings. A factory reset will allow your machine to function as if it were brand new, with a new installation of the Mac operating system. You’ll find the process relevant to any Mac, whether desktop or laptop.
Why and how to factory reset Mac
When you choose to factory reset MacBook Pro, Air, or iMac, you are performing a series of low-level operations. First, a full hard drive formatting. Second, you’ll be reinstalling the Mac operating system (macOS). Formatting of the hard drive is equal to permanent deletion of data — everything is erased and removed from your computer.
So why should you know how to reset MacBook Air, Pro, or iMac? There are two reasons.
- First, having issues with the computer file system may require that you reset your Mac to its original factory settings. If there are lost or damaged files, random errors may occur or the computer may act slow and sluggish. A factory reset will fix that.
- Second, if you want to sell or gift your Mac, you probably want to clean it first. This way, no one will be able to access your private files.
Whether you are planning to sell or speed up your computer, wiping your hard drive clean and installing a fresh operating system is a good idea.
What to do before you restore Mac to factory settings
Before we run through the instructions on how to wipe a Mac clean, you’ll want to take care of a few things, such as protecting your data with a backup, logging out of your accounts, and disabling iCloud.
Mac Factory Restore
Log out of your accounts
Did you know that you can only play the content you’ve purchased on Apple TV or Music on 5 devices? This means that you can only authorize your account on up to 5 different Macs. If you’re looking to pass on your Mac, make sure it isn’t linked to your account.
Some apps with limited licensing such as Apple TV and Music use an authorization system to limit the number of devices connected. It’s a good idea to prevent future issues by deauthorizing these apps, which also include purchased Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) before you learn how to reset Mac to factory settings.
Here’s how to deauthorize your account in Apple TV, Music, or Podcasts:
- Open the app
- In the main menu, click Account
- Choose Authorisations > De-authorise This Computer
- Type your Apple ID and password > Deauthorise.
Make sure any bookmarks, reminders, notes, or other stored cloud data are not visible to new users by signing out of iCloud. Without signing out of your iCloud account, certain features, such as Find My, may still allow you to interact with a computer that has been wiped clean. You don’t want to find that you have access to your old computer once it has a new owner.
- Choose System Preferences in the Apple menu
- Pick iCloud
- Click Sign Out and confirm the data removal
Sign out of iMessage
Be sure to sign out of iMessage before you complete a factory reset of a Mac. If your computer has been configured to send and receive iMessage chats, you’ll definitely want to ensure a new owner doesn’t have access to your private messages.
- Open Messages app on your computer
- In the menu bar, click Messages
- Choose Preferences
- Find your iMessage account
- Click Sign Out.
Unpair Bluetooth devices
This is not an obligatory step, but we recommend it in case you sell or give away your Mac but keep Bluetooth devices like keyboard, mouse, AirPods, or trackpad you used to connect to this Mac. This will prevent accidental pairing if the Mac is used within your Bluetooth range. Here’s how to unpair Bluetooth devices:
- Open System Preferences in the Apple menu
- Choose Bluetooth — this will open the list of connected devices
- Click X to remove the device.
Erase Touch Bar data
Following the same rationale, make sure to perform these steps so your Touch Bar data won’t be passed onto the new Mac owner.
- Restart your Mac
- Hold down the Command + R keys as the Mac begins to restart
- Choose Utilities and Terminal from the macOS Utilities window
- Type: xartutil --erase-all and press Return
- Type yes and press Return once more
- Choose Terminal and click Quit.
Your Mac stores some user settings in NVRAM (nonvolatile random-access memory). It’s a good idea to reset those before you wipe your Mac clean. Here’s how to do it:
- Shut down your Mac
- Turn it back on
- Press and hold Command + Option + P + R for about 20 seconds (your Mac should restart during this time).
Back up your data
Before you learn how to reset Mac, the most important thing to do is to back up data so you don’t lose access to the contents of your drive. You wouldn’t want to lose videos or photos stored on your MacBook from years ago. This is why we really encourage you to follow this tip.
To prevent any kind of data-loss mishap, you should use backup software, such as Get Backup Pro or ChronoSync Express. The major difference between the two is that Get Backup Pro is great when you just want to back up a few files — only the most important ones, and ChronoSync Express can back up folders. Both apps support scheduled backups and have rich customization features.
Here’s how to do a backup using Get Backup Pro:
- Create a new project by clicking the “+” button in the Backups tab
- Select a destination for the backup
- Click on File+ to add files you want to back up
- Hit Run once you’re ready (the icon looks like a play button).
If you want to backup folders, it’s better to do it with ChronoSync Express:
- Open the app and choose “Create a new synchronization task” in the right sidebar
- Name your backup project
- Choose folders that you want to backup in the left pane
- Choose a backup destination in the right pane (you can back up to any local or connected volume)
- Hit the arrow button to start backing up.
You can save your backup projects and reuse them in the future. This comes in very handy when you’re regularly updating macOS and want to keep your files protected. While both apps, Get Backup Pro and ChronoSync Express, are part of Setapp — a productivity service for Mac and iPhone users — you can try both of them for free and figure out what works best.
Factory reset MacBook Pro, Air, and iMac
Format Factory Mac
Have you completed your data backup and signed out of everything? If the answer is yes, you are ready to wipe your Mac and have it ready for a fresh start. The instructions below answer the question of how to reset MacBook Air, Pro, and iMac.
1. Restart your Mac in Recovery Mode
This step is quite simple. However, the instructions differ based on the type of computer. Below we explain how to restart Intel-based and M1 Macs in Recovery.
Restart Intel Macs into Recovery Mode
Mac Factory Reset
- In the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen, choose Restart
- As the system is restarting, hold both the Command and R keys on the keyboard at the same time until you see the Recovery Mode window
- Enter your admin password to confirm the action
- You should now see the macOS Utilities window.
Restart M1 Macs into Recovery Mode
- In the Apple menu, choose Shut Down
- Press and hold the power button until you see the screen with Options
- Click Options > Continue > enter your admin password
- You should now see the macOS Utilities window.
2. Erase the hard drive
Here’s what you need to do to erase your hard drive:
- Choose Disk Utility in the Utilities window
- Choose your startup disk
- At the top of the Disk Utilities window, choose Erase
- Choose Journaled version of Mac OS Extended from the menu
- Click Erase.
Once the process has been completed, go to the Disk Utility menu in the top left corner of the screen and click Quit Disk Utility.
3. Reinstall the operating system
Now that the hard drive has been wiped clean, you can confirm that you want to reinstall a fresh Mac operating system by following the instructions on the screen.
This is it about how to format Macintosh. The computer will complete a new installation of the operating system with factory settings.
If you are passing your Mac to a new owner, you can quit the process and let the new owner complete any necessary information by holding down the Command + Q keys. Choose Shut Down to turn the Mac off and leave it ready for the next person. If you are keeping your Mac computer, you’ll need to download any applications that you previously used.
Now that your Mac has been wiped clean, your computer shouldn’t have any remnants of your personal data. It’s now ready for a new beginning with you or a new life with someone else.
Format Factory is a multifunctional free media converter that can convert between all popular video/audio formats like MP4, 3GP, MPG, AVI, WMV, FLV, SWF, MP4, WMA, OGG, AAC, etc. and rip DVD movies to video files. However, Format Factory only works in Windows (Including Windows 8) and there is still no plan for developing Format Factory for Mac. Well, you don't need to worry about how to rip DVD and convert video on Mac since there are numerous Format Factory alternatives for Mac. Here we will show you how to convert your DVD and video to any regular video/audio format easily with the best Format Factory for Mac alternative.
This tool is Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate for Mac. With it, you can fast rip DVD to any regular video/audio format like MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MP3, WMA, OGG, etc. and convert between all popular video/audio formats, including 3D video! In addition, this Mac app lets you download online video from YouTube, CNN, PBS, Yahoo, Google and more. Furthermore, it allows you to burn DVD from your favorite videos with custom DVD menus. Like Format Factory, it also comes with a built-in video editor that enables you to touch up your video clips in clicks! Now download this alternative to Format Factory for Mac (including Lion and Mountain Lion) and follow the instructions below to rip DVD movies and convert video/audio files.
Download All-in-one DVD and Video Converter:
How to rip DVD and convert video/audio on Mac
The primary window of this Mac DVD ripper and video converter is quite intuitive. You can complete converting DVD and video/audio in a few simple steps.
1Add video files
When you launch this Mac tool, go to Convert tab and add your media files to the program. (Click File > Add Media Files to import files or directly drag them to the main interface.)
You can also edit your videos to achieve the effects you want. To edit a video, click the 'Edit' item at the right of video thumbnail to open the 'Video Edit” window, where video editing functions like trim, crop, adjust video effects, add watermarks, etc. are provided.
2Select an output format and start the conversion
Then you can select an output format for your DVD and video. Simply click the 'iPhone 4” thumbnail (which is the default output format) to choose the desired format from the output list. Almost all popular output formats are available. And 100+ video presets for devices and programs like iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMovie, PSP, etc. are provided.
When all the settings are OK, click the convert button at the right bottom to begin ripping DVD movies and converting video files to your preferred video/audio formats.
Below is the video tutorial on how to convert DVD and video format with ease on Mac: